I’ll admit. I was a skeptic. Kale chips? Really? …and then I ate one…then two…then my hand hit the bottom of the container. I’m thrilled to find a new, healthy treat that I don’t feel guilty about snacking on!
Here’s my version!
- Bunch of kale
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper (not required)
- I also made a batch with minced garlic and Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Hold the stem of the leaf in one hand, and with your thumb and index finger pinch and move up the stem to the leaves. You’ll be able to detach them without any problems.
3. Rinse the kale leaves, then put them in a salad spinner. The leaves should be perfectly dry.
4. Put the kale leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Massage the oil into the leaves. You might need more, so use your judgment. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, should you choose. You can also add the cheese and garlic.
6. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until crisp to the touch but still dark green (brown=bitter)