I have a confession. I cannot buy peanut butter cups. Why? Because they will be gone in mere minutes. I am obsessed. Clearly they are the best candy in the whole world. Don’t even bother trying to argue with me! So, I got to thinking…how hard could it be to make my own? The answer…not hard at all. In fact, making homemade peanut butter cups is so easy, it is almost a joke!
Here is everything you will need:
milk chocolate (approx. 12oz package)
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
4 tbs of butter (make sure it is at room temperature)
1. Place twelve 2 1/2 in cupcake liners on a baking sheet. In a double boiler (or a bowl on top of a pot, like I did) melt about 3/4 of the chocolate. Make sure the water stays warm because you’re going to need it later!
2. Take about 2-3 teaspoons of the melted chocolate and coat the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the baking liner. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until set.
3. Beat the butter until super fluffy (about 2 minutes). Next, beat in the peanut butter and honey. Move the mixture to a plastic bag and cut one tip (or use a icing bag).
4. Fill the chocolate cups about 3/4 full with the mixture. Make sure the top is smooth, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Using the remaining melted chocolate, top the cups and smooth the surface. Refrigerate until set.
Bring these into work, trust me, you will be the king/queen of your office (crown not included).