First off, I have to apologize. This post was definitely meant for last week, but I must have made a mistake when scheduling it. Please forgive me. To make it up you are all welcome to come over and play with Dexter if you like!
So, every once in a while I start to get weird cravings. This time it was fudge. I’ve been wanting to make some for a while now and I finally did! Here is my recipe for Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter Fudge!
2 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 stick butter or margarine
5oz (1 can) evaporated milk
7 1/2 oz (1 jar) marshmallow fluff
3/4 teaspoon salt
9 oz peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
6-7 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Either place parchment paper or grease a 9 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan combine the sugar, butter, evaporated milk, marshmallow fluff and salt. Stir over low heat until blended.
3. Over medium heat, bring the ingredients to a full rolling boil (be careful to not mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling). This step takes a while, but when the boil starts, stir constantly for 5 minutes, or else the bottom will burn.
4. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until blended.
5. Pour into your pan and place your chocolate chips all over the top. Wait about 4-5 minutes. Once the chocolate has melted, take the back of a spoon or spatula and spread the chocolate, completely covering the top.
6. Cool completely then enjoy!
P.S. You should totally take this to work with you. You’ll make tons of new friends and no one will believe you made it yourself!