Get ready for a big treat! Literally. My mom has been baking this banana bread for as long as I can remember, and it is my absolute favorite dessert in the whole world!
No matter what mood I’m in; when I smell this banana bread baking, I get all happy!
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour milk (1 teaspoon vinegar in 1/4 cup milk)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 extremely ripe bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan.
2. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Add each egg one at a time, then add the milk. Combine.
4. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl and add to the mixer a little bit at a time.
5. Once the dough is combined, add the bananas and chocolate chips.
6. The recipe calls for baking the bread for 50 minutes, but I find that is never long enough. I usually take it out after about an hour. Always do the skewer test to make sure it has cooked through!
I seriously know you will love this! A special thank you to my mom for sharing the recipe with me and now you all!