I have tried so many different chocolate chip cookie recipes. Some were good, some were just okay, and some were great but had really expensive or hard to find ingredients. With that being said, I think I have finally found one that I love. It is my own little combination of different ingredients from different recipes, and I hope you like it as much as I do!
Lexy’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approximately 32 5-inch cookies (make them big, that’s the best way to eat them anyway!). This amount is perfect for a party or whatnot, but if I just feel like having some cookies in the house, I”ll half the recipe.
1 pound unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups packed light or dark brown sugar
4 large eggs
6 cups flour
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1-2 bags of bittersweet chocolate chunks (not chips, chunks is where it’s at!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips; mix until well combined. At this point, feel free to taste the cookie dough, and if you have the will power to not taste, I applaud you.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20-22 minutes.
- Cool (I can never wait for this step, cookies are just too good right out of the oven!)