Phew! Congratulations on getting through the longest blog post title known to man!
I have two goals for this wonderful fall season. First, to perfect pie making, and second, to master all fall flavored treats. For my first fall recipe, I wanted to do something easier, and I definitely wanted to use apple cider, so these donuts were perfect, and yes, they do taste amazing! The only part that kind of bummed me out was glaze. I really wanted an opaque look, but oh well! Guess I’ll have to make more and experiment!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts (makes 6-10 donuts depending on your pan)
-2 cups plain flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tsp cinnamon
-2/3 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-1/3 cup apple cider
-1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and grease your donut pan.
2. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients (minus the brown sugar)
3. In another bowl combine wet ingredients; beaten egg, brown sugar, apple sauce, maple syrup, apple cider, yoghurt and vegetable oil. Give them a quick whisk then add your bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes (until donut top springs back when touched). 5. After 5 minutes transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before glazing.
Apple Cinnamon Glaze
-1 cup powdered sugar
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 cup apple cider
1. Combine icing sugar, cinnamon and cider in a small bowl and stir well to remove any lumps.
2. Dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the glaze and shake off the excess.
Donut Glaze (for drizzle)
-1 cup powdered sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/8 cup milk (I used half and half)
1. Combine ingredients in a small bowl and stir well to remove any lumps
2. Dip a whisk into the glaze and drizzle across the tops of the donuts.
There you go! I would suggest serving these fresh or heated up. Let me know if you end up making them!
P.S. Sponsorship is still open! The beauty with Passionfruit Ads is that you can start anytime and your ad will run for 30 days regardless! If you are interested feel free to contact me or check out my advertising page!
P.S.S. Use code “JustBecause” to save 10% in the Gallymogger Oddities shop! Feel free to spread the word!